About Us

We met on March 31, 2007 in line at Wendy’s. I walked into Wendy’s with my friend Nneka and saw J standing there in line looking very handsome. He turned around and we both kind of mouthed "hi". Unfortunately, Nneka kindly said, "Go sit down, I'll order." So off I went to find a seat. Luckily for me, J ended up sitting nearby and after several minutes of smiling at each other he came over and we exchanged numbers. He called later that afternoon and we made plans for the three of us to go out to dinner. After a nice dinner at Macaroni Grill, the three of us made our way over to TGI Fridays for some drinks. Over the next couple of weeks J and I got to know each other better. We said “I love you” and became "official" on April 21, 2007. Then, on a beautiful afternoon in Hawaii a little over a month later (June 3rd) J asked me to marry him and of course I said yes! We had a fairly long engagement and finally said "I do" on July 27, 2008.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Looking Forward vs. Living Now

I'm looking forward to the future and all of the great things that I know will be happening for us. I'm excited to be making progress in paying off the IRS, it'll be great to be rid of that bill! I'm looking forward to moving to Texas and having our own place. More than anything, I'm looking forward to starting our family. I want to be a mommy so bad, and I know that J will be a great dad. Sometimes I feel like looking forward to all of these things is getting in the way of me enjoying our life now.

I kind of feel like I'm not fully appreciating all of the greatness I have right now in my life. I'm so lucky that I'm able to be on the road with my husband. It was so hard when I had to stay home for those 4 months at the beginning of this year. J makes me so happy, he is such a good man and I thank God everyday for bringing him into my life. We have a precious little sugar glider, Apple, who is so loving and affectionate it just melts my heart. I'm thankful that my mom can watch my dog, Punky, while we are on the road because it would just be too hard to take her around the country with us. I love my family, I love my husband, I love our life.

I'm looking forward to our future and finding out what lies ahead, but that's not going to stop me from living life now and loving every minute of it.

One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon - instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today. -Dale Carnegie

2 comments:

  1. I really liked it. I want to focus on treasuring every moment and every experience rather than focusing so much on what's next.

    ReplyDelete