About Us

We met on March 31, 2007 in line at Wendy’s. I walked into Wendy’s with my friend Nneka and saw J standing there in line looking very handsome. He turned around and we both kind of mouthed "hi". Unfortunately, Nneka kindly said, "Go sit down, I'll order." So off I went to find a seat. Luckily for me, J ended up sitting nearby and after several minutes of smiling at each other he came over and we exchanged numbers. He called later that afternoon and we made plans for the three of us to go out to dinner. After a nice dinner at Macaroni Grill, the three of us made our way over to TGI Fridays for some drinks. Over the next couple of weeks J and I got to know each other better. We said “I love you” and became "official" on April 21, 2007. Then, on a beautiful afternoon in Hawaii a little over a month later (June 3rd) J asked me to marry him and of course I said yes! We had a fairly long engagement and finally said "I do" on July 27, 2008.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Who knew a thermometer could give so much information?!?!

So I'm not talking about any old thermometer here, although a regular digital one would probably work. I'm talking about a basal body thermometer which is more accurate than a regular glass thermometer. It's an ovulation showing, period predicting wonder! Well, not a "wonder" really, but it sure is wonderful!


Here's a little background information on the subject:

Basal body temperature is the lowest temperature attained by the body during rest. It is generally measured immediately after awakening and before any physical activity has been undertaken. In women, ovulation causes an increase of one-half to one degree Fahrenheit in basal body temperature (BBT); monitoring of BBTs is one way of estimating the day of ovulation. Most women have lower temperatures before ovulation (caused by estrogen), and higher temperatures afterwards (caused by progesterone). This is known as a biphasic pattern.


Anyway, we're planning to start a family soon so I thought I'd go ahead and see what I could find out about my cycles by tracking my BBT. Having done my research, I knew what my chart was "supposed" to look like, but I really didn't expect to see it. I mean, how can a thermometer give me all this information?!?! So I tracked my BBT and was pretty shocked (amazed?) that it really "worked"! Here's what my first chart looked like:

No comments:

Post a Comment